The Sourcing Team are looking for a part time bookkeeper based in South London, around 3 hours a day at £30k FTE.
The Sourcing Team source ethical and sustainable promotional products for both charities and commercial clients to support retail, marketing and employee activity. We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our small collaborative, entrepreneurial team.
This role will be responsible for day to day finances working with the external accountants, internal buyer and sales as well as the CEO.
- Organisation of all sales invoices generated from Order Management System for all products.
- Reconciling Xero invoices and billing software.
- Reviewing billing with the team.
- Weekly/monthly report of invoicing.
- Limited amount of credit control or chasing outstanding payments.
- Looking after new supplier set-up.
- Maintaining supplier details in Xero.
- Invoice checking against the OMS system.
- Weekly/monthly report of supplier payments.
- Processing supplier payment runs.
- Responding to supplier queries.
Reporting and other duties
- Full use of Xero accounting software.
- Month end report and reconciliation.
- Bank liaison.
- Process employee expenses.
- Annual schedule and payment of utilities, memberships, accreditations etc.
- Highly numerate with the ability to understand financial information and processes.
- Have worked within a financial related post/sector/role with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Previous use of accounting software.
- Relevant financial qualification or equivalent experience and min Grade 5 maths and English.
- Excellent IT skills and confident using Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Strong organisation ability able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and information requests.
- Focused administration and planning skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to create accurate and meaningful reports.
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing with suppliers and clients.
- Understands the critical role of finance on the running of the company.
- Ability and willingness to be part of the team and help team members understand the role of finance.
- This is a permanent, part time position.
- 15 hours a week worked over 5 days but working pattern can be flexible.
- £30k FTE*
- The position would be office based although we would consider partly remote for someone who has a track record in making this work.
Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV.