The Sourcing Team is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The Sourcing Team may change this policy from time to time. This policy was last reviewed in April 2018.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office on the Register of Data Controllers (registration reference ZA113249).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We do not share your information with third parties.
If you do not want us to contact you with emails and or postal offers you can opt out by emailing email@example.com with the subject OPT OUT EMAIL, OPT OUT POST or OPT OUT ALL
- If you want us to completely remove your contact data from our records, then email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will erase all data. Please note this would also remove any order history and could not be retrieved in the event of a repeat order/query.
- Photographic images – if you are identified in a photo we upload and would prefer this image to be removed/cropped then please advise us by email email@example.com.
- If you have any concerns about how we hold your data, you can contact Sharon Childs firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification.
In the event of further complaint, you should contact the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All paper data is shredded in a secure facility.
Our Cloud based packages (CRM, OMS, Payment platform) store personal data such as client names, company email addresses and company addresses and phone numbers. Sensitive personal data is not held on these systems
Other data, such as personal data of staff is held on a Windows Server in the office, the server is part of an active directory domain and all access is controlled by username and passwords, each user has unique access to files and may not necessarily access everything.
Offsite data back up is held in a secure data centre in Maidenhead under 2048 bit encryption. Physical access to the back up box is only available to our MSP and the data centre has 3 levels of security
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.